We're looking for a buyer to develop and deliver a departmental product range which meets and exceeds customer requirements whilst incorporating the core values and attributes of the Brand. You’ll need to motivate, coach and develop the product team to optimise department performance, ensuring we achieve our current and future sales targets, KPI’s and margins, whilst meeting the agreed budget.
The main tasks for our new team member will be:
- Reviewing the market place, then working with Design, Technical and the Supply base teams to develop new products that meet the demands of the target customer base, whilst delivering an innovative and profitable product range
- Working with the Design Team to ensure a fully integrated process, consistency of handwriting and commercial viability of the range; ensuring sufficient fashion and technical innovations are incorporated into the product ranges
- In partnership with Merchandise and Planning, reviewing, developing and gaining agreement for the department strategy. Setting targets for each product area to achieve sales and profit plans. This will lead to you deliver review and range finalization, in line with the critical path
- Agreeing with Merchandising & Planning and the Head of Buying, the sales targets for ‘Open to Buy’ and range reviews; agreeing the range plan, stock flow, margins and prices with the Merchandiser to ensure the smooth delivery of the right stock at the right time
- Planning and executing departmental KPI’s; ensuring appropriate tracking and controls are in place to meet budget and targets
- Visiting stores, competitors, trade shows, existing/potential suppliers on a regular basis to gain feedback to implement in future strategy and learnings
- Initiating, maintaining and monitoring all buying processes and priorities to ensure deadlines are achieved, orders are placed on time, within the agreed critical path
- Agreeing objectives with direct reports, managing their performance and providing training, coaching, advice and guidance so they can work effectively and develop within their roles
- Building and developing a department team which encourages and enhances learning, collaboration and team spirit
Our ideal candidate has:
- Finished university degree, ideally fashion/textile related
- Gained a minimum of 2 to 5 years buying experience at fashion retail brands with at least 1-2 years of experience of managing a buying team and successfully developing results through the team
- Wide range product knowledge, preferably in women’s fashion
- Proven ability to develop new product
- Minimum two years sourcing experience which must include the Far East
- Commercially adept
- Good negotiation skills
- Good standard of the English language for business use is essential
Hunkemöller strives to be a much-loved, global and social brand. A place where people love to work, are proud of the brand, and where we create true brand ambassadors. Working in a passionate, energetic, design-led and performance-driven environment where our key customer persona 'Shero' sits at the heart of everything we do. Hunkemöller is certified TOP EMPLOYER of the Netherlands 2019, which underlines our people initiatives and achievements.
If you want to join our growing Hunkemöller headquarters team, click on 'apply' to hand in your CV or LinkedIn profile details (in English). In case of any questions, please contact our HR department via (0031)35-646 5118.
For this role, we’re not looking to work with external agencies.