To keep the momentum going, we need smart people with a ‘can do' attitude, who are motivated to drive our business forward. As such we are in search of a Country Controller.
Your main objective will be to:
Prepare, analyse and explain management information. This is used to manage and control the (new) country organisation (internal information) and to prepare external (legally required) reporting. You'll also be involved in financial projects.
Your major tasks and areas of responsibilities will be:
Area 1: Internal reporting
- Prepare, analyse and explain periodical (monthly and yearly) internal reporting
- Prepare, analyse and explain budget figures
- Prepare periodical (monthly, yearly and budget) reporting to investors (Carlyle)
- Prepare, analyse and explain store results
- Prepare labour cost analyses and planning for store hours
- Prepare and analyse KPI reporting
- Prepare return on investment calculations and advise on feasibility
- Review investment proposals.
Area 2: External reporting
- Prepare statutory annual report and corporate income tax returns (and coordinate the process)
- Responsible for adequate, timely and complete filing of annual report, corporate income tax return and other legally required reports and submissions
- Follow-up on fiscal advice with regards to capital structure and provisions etc.
Area 3: Advising
- Identify opportunities for profit improvements and provide advice
- Identify opportunities/risks in tax position (for example transfer pricing) and provide advice.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes within the organisation and provide advice
- Proactively challenge the Head of Retails, HR Managers, Director of Finance, Manager of Financial Controlling and Senior Financial Controllers on economic and organisational matters.
Area 4: Projects
- Manage and work on projects to improve internal information systems, reports and internal procedures.
- Contribute to other financial processes
The perfect candidate for this responsible role within Hunkemöller will have the following:
- Economic degree from University/Business School and minimal 3-5 years of relevant working experience as a (financial) controller in an international and fast-moving company
- Experience in a private equity environment and Retail in particular would be a plus
- Senior attitude when it comes to structure priorities, deadlines and targets within the team
- Results oriented and analytically strong
- A strong eye for professional internal and external communication
- Excellent communicator and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A master of verbal and written English
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Knowledge of SAP and consolidation tools is a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS is a pro.
If you want to join our growing Hunkemöller headquarters team, click on 'apply now' to tell us why this is the perfect role for you and send your CV (in English). Please note, that as we're an internationally successful company, the whole application process will be in English.
If you have any questions, please contact our HR department, Tel-Nr. (0031)35-646-5102.
For this role, we're not looking to work with external agencies.